family

family

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top 5 Ways to know your a New Mom!

So today is my first day all alone with Carter. Alan is at the fire station and Marmie had to go back to work. So far we are adjusting well and are enjoying being lazy together. While I have only been a mom now for about two weeks, I have learned quickly that there are a few ways that set moms apart from other people. The following are just a few ways that my world has changed and that I know I am no longer a "normal" person but a mom!
Top 5 Ways to know your a New Mom:
5. You are super excited your tennis shoes fit again even if your pants don't!
4. You are not confused by where the wet spots on your shirt came from!
3. You get excited when you get a full night's sleep(which means you only got up twice for feedings)
2. You would rather spend the day smelling like spit up than bother changing.
1. and number 1....You realize halfway through straightening your hair that the yellow smudge on your hand is your son's poop not mustard from your sandwich at lunch and yet it doesn't gross you out.

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! I love it Big! I'll be thinking of your list next week when it's my first week to be a mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are settling in well! Can't wait to see both of you Friday!

    ReplyDelete